Thanks for your participation.
500 videos has been applied. we are working hard to pick the winners. Due to the amount of videos, it may take a little longer to pick the winners.
The final winners will be announced by 6 PM, 26th Dec (Wed)
Again, many thanks for your participation.
* Open to Koreans and foreigners
* Total prize money : 53 million won
[How to Participate]
1. Video planning: brain storming
2. Video making: filming + editing personally
3. Upload : Upload the completed video to your channel
1. Video Planning
Anything that can be helpful for foreign tourist who are visiting Korea.
For more information on video material, please check out the following link. http://vk2018contest.kr/sample-topics/
2. Video Making
There is no limited forms or types of the camera to use – DSLR, Action Cam, Smartphone etc.
It is necessary to make videos in English or insert English subtitles for foreign friends
3. Upload to YouTube
You can upload to the YouTube channel you already have.
If you do not have a channel, upload the video after creating a channel.
[Get a support budget!] : End
It is very beneficial to plan your video in advance! Knowing where you will shoot and how your actors will move and interact will make your video all the better!
Submit your video proposal for the chance to be selected! The 80 best proposals will receive a support budget of 200,000KRW to help make their video become a reality.
=> Join the pre proposal event now (http://vk2018contest.kr/pre-proposal-event/)
※ This event is optional
- Oct. 29: Contest and support event open
- Nov. 14: Proposal event application deadline
- Nov. 16: Proposal event winners’ announcement
- Dec. 14: Contest deadline (complete upload & survey)
- Dec. 21: Contest winners’ announcement
- Dec. 28: Awards Ceremony -> The date will be changed to January (Week 2 or 3 of Jan. ’19 expected)
- 1st place: 1 person/team 5 million won
- 2nd place: 5 people/teams 2 million won
- 3rd place: 10 people/teams 1 million won
- 4th place: 40 people/teams 0.5 million won
- Supportive budget : 80 people / 80 teams 0.2 million won (KRW 200,000)
※ multiple application available
- Judge Evaluation : Creativity, Contest Suitability, Conents Quaility
- Index Evaluation : Diffusion and Publicity through YouTube
[Details regarding the contest]
-ALL participants are required to read-
- The prize-winning material will go through re-edition and will be uploaded directly to the official YouTube channel of Korea Tourism Organization Headquarters.Therefore, the original video file is necessary.
- The award will be canceled in case of applicable restrictions or other fraudulent methods.
- It is one’s own responsibility to ensure his/her application is valid and all information is correct.
- The applicant’s channel data may be required for the fair evaluation.
- If there is no suitable content, the prize will be withheld.
- The personal data of all applicants will not be used for any other purposes than those stated.
- Regarding the materials, there shall be no legal dispute upon the use of portrait rights, intellectual property, sound sources, property rights, or lease rights. The applicants will be responsibly for all legal disputes that may arise from their content.
- All contents submitted in another person’s name or prize-winning content from another contest will be disqualified. (Similar pieces also run the risk of being considered plagiarized.)
- Copied work or content which uses unacceptable words and/or lascivious expressions will be disqualified. If a work is found to be copied after the awards, the prize will be canceled.
- Content which is inappropriate and/or harmful to the public will be disqualified.
- Selected works will be used in advertising and marketing of Korea Tourism Organization and can be introduced in homepage, blogs and related web pages, also can be edited for purposes such as advertising activities, produce advertisements, etc.
- Please refer to the FAQ for any additional inquiries.